one | two | three| four| five
six | seven | eight | nine | ten
eleven | twelve
My picks for the Nordstrom sale! Great fall pieces and you guys know I love shoes!! Especially lately! It’s hard to even consider fall right now in the middle of July but these prices are really good and better to get them now! I don’t have a Nordstrom card but definitely considering it!!
My tops faves:
- Joe’s Black Skinny Jeans-Joes’s jeans fits my body type the best (apple shaped) and I wear a 29. Love the stretchy without the muffin top :) And since destroyed jeans are fine in the summer, I thought I needed a more “adult” look for fall and winter. Plus I don’t own any black jeans-if you can believe it. The angle hems are so cool and the inseam is 28″ with is perfect for me at 5’2″!
- Leopard pointed mules-these are super cool! I saw them on Rachel so of course anything that she wears is golden :)
- Blue and white striped bell sleeve-I also saw this on Merrick and it looks so pretty without being over the top! And I love blue/white stripes period!!
Happy Monday ya’ll!!
Watermelon Tank | Ruffle Striped Skirt | Gucci Marmont-small (preloved size medium)
Hi lovelies! I was inspired to do a fun post today about styling from day to night! You know I love to maximize my wardrobe! Since maintaining a budget is key to cultivating a classic timeless closet, I love the versatility of clothes for both day activities like running errands and casual work meetings or at night for a date night with my hubby or girls night out! Simple and classic styles with a kick of color make things exciting! I truly believe in investing in shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories to really elevate an outfit and keep my clothing items more basic.
My day casual errand running outfit:
Fun Pom Pom mules | Ring | Necklace | Earrings
And changing my top and heels for dinner out! So easy! And perfect for summer!
Black Linen Top| Nude Heels | Ring | Necklace | Earrings
Investing in 14K gold jewelry is something that I’d rather spend my money as they are timeless pieces. And what girl doesn’t love diamonds? Major heart eyes! These pieces are so gorgeous yet simple enough to wear both during the day and in the evening. I know I can pass on these pretties to my daughter as well!
Take a look at AUrate’s complete earring collection. You’re sure to find something to complement any look!
AUrate NY is offering 10% off using code: AurateExclusive10
Hope you all had a great 4th of July!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Hi guys! Looks like I have a love affair with ruffly skirts, pinks, and orange this month! Seeing it all laid out on a board like this is apparent of what I am thinking. Ha, ha! We went to the Dominican Republic for a early summer break getaway and it was fabulous!!
Strapless Bathing Suit | Denim Shorts | Straw Hat | Coverup Dresses -hands down fave even when wearing out for errands (different colors) | Gold Sandals
Vera Bradley Tote (similar)
I bought this Vera Bradley Tote from the Factory outlet store. Similar pattern but not exactly but I love VB as the fabric is so sturdy, washable and super light with plenty of pockets to store things. Perfect for traveling especially with kids!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Hello lovelies!! Is it already almost June? Can’t believe the school year for the kiddos are almost over! My oldest gal will be in 2nd grader and little man will be in Pre-K next year (sniffles as they are growing so fast!) Anyway, May shopping is a little mixed with no theme whatever. I thought I could make it a month without a shoe purchase but you know that never happens :) I had a fun girls trip for a couple days to Panama City Beach and will be packing shortly for a family vacation in Punta Cana! Can’t wait!!!
Retro Blue Hat
Linen White Tie Front Shirt | Denim Fray Shorts (similar)
Coral Flip Flops (only $10 and I buy one every year!! Love them!)
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Hello lovelies!! Last month obviously was a shoe festival, so of course I had to get back on the clothes train! As a lover of classic styles, I picked up a few items with a twist! Literally (insert laugh emoji)!! I wanted a few breathable items for spring and summer and couldn’t resist a great sale on the tweed jacket. If you like blazers but feel weird in them as being too formal, lady jackets are your friends!!!
Gingham Shirt | Destroyed Jeans | Speedy B 25 (preloved)
1 | 2 | 3 (similar)
4 | 5 (similar) | 6 (similar$$$)
After looking at this post, I think I may have a shoe problem (#shoeaddict) ;0) I did buy a few bras too but didn’t think it would be exciting to show! Haha! Anyway, as you can see I bought a bunch of designer shoe dupes this month! I am a big fan of real leather shoes vs faux leather so I try to purchase higher quality real leather dupes if possible!
Blush Bag| White Block Heels (similar)
It has been awhile since my first post on How to Afford a Louis Vuitton Bag and it was so popular that I decided to followup and update the post as my collection has definitely grown from my single and original 1994 Alma Bag I bought from Ebay for only $200. I have certainly been bit by the luxury goods market and absolutely adore all of my purchases over the last few years! But, these babies costs ALOT of money and are no joke people! So, if you are considering a bag vs other necessary, definitely read my first post! If you feel that you want to splurge on something you adore, value, and will last and become an heirloom piece that you can pass on to your daughter, then read on!
Vintage LV Alma PM Monogram
White Lace Blouse
Gucci Marmont Bag
Hello everyone! February was a very slim month for the budget. I knew that I really had to recoup from January’s budget as I overspent then so had to pull in the reigns this month (sort of). It’s been a VERY trying month for me as I’ve been working on an RFP (Request for Proposal) for a large project and had to pull together a team of other firms to pursue this major project. We’ve been working days, nights, and weekends since January and I really WISH I had time to shop. We had our big interview with the selections committee last week and hoping for some good news this week. Pick us please-fingers crossed. Anyway back to fashion :)
Fragrance | Chanel Wallet | Tiffany Pendant
It’s coming up on that special day in February and for me, I love Valentine’s Day as it is a reminder to love your family, your friends, your significant other, and yourself! We hustle every day to get work accomplished, kids are taken care of, dinner is served (or determined :) every night, household is in order, figure out time to exercise, and sometimes it is just darn exhausting and forget to really take care of ourselves and our relationship with our significant other!
When you are married or in a dedicated relationship, you sometimes take it for granted and don’t connect regularly with the hustle and bustle of life. This relationship is the root of YOUR family unit and should be the MOST important thing in life because really at the end of the day, your unity is what really matters and is the foundation of support that everyone needs and makes life grand!
Bow Flats |Pointed Flats | MB Python Heels| MB Lace Heels
My husband and I decide to plan a date night regularly (lately it’s been monthly) as we need to reconnect and love spending time together and either get together with another couple for date night or we plan a date night with just the 2 of us! We love our kids immensely, but yes I will admit that it’s nice to just to relax sometimes without jumping up constantly ! And sometimes we just giggle and want to stay at home to veg out and cook a nice “adult” meal and sit by the fire to cuddle and catch up on TV shows.
Pink Blouse (similar) |LV Speedy B 25 | Black Leggings
February is special so for a special occasion, we like to elevate our date to make it really special, exciting and FUN!
- Book a nice restaurant intown. We live in the suburbs and my hubby tends to want to go “around” the corner for convenience. But for special dates, we plan something in Buckhead or Midtown which is 30 minutes away so it truly is an event. Our fave that we recently dined for hubby’s birthday is Fogo de Chao a Brazilian steakhouse with the best salad bar on the planet!
- Dress up. We both work from home and I will admit that leggings and a sweatshirt and casualwear is the norm except we we both go to meetings a few times every week. I love getting dressed up so putting on heels and layering the jewelry, pulling out the fancy wallets, and dotting on some perfume is so much fun and gets me excited for the night! I make hubby put on his nice pants and dress shirt and let me tell you he is one fine looking man dressed up!
- Book a fun car with Turo. Have you heard of Turo? It’s like Uber for rental cars! We both have normal cars: truck and sedan so when we head “intown” and have to valet the car, it’s fun to roll up in some fancy wheels! My friends with mini vans KNOW that feeling-ha! So we head over to Turo and select an exciting car like a Porsche Panamera or Range Rover! These cars are owned by individuals like Uber and you can just rent for the day! Isn’t that cool! And they bring the car to YOU! Now that is seriously awesome!!
- Enjoy your special time. And order appetizers AND dessert! Yes!!
Remember to celebrate with your spouse, your family, and your friends BUT don’t forget to pamper yourself with a special something (uh, you know I am all about that) this Valentine’s Day!!
The idea of this post was given to me by Turo. All expressed opinions are my own.
One |Two | Three |Four
Five| Six| Seven|Eight
It’s a new year!! My budget will stay the same at $2400 for 2017 and that includes clothes, makeup, undergarments, and shoes. I have come to realize that I love handbags in a MAJOR way so I have a created a 2 luxury handbags, 2 accessory items (wallets/mini bags) max limit per year to account for my purchases. I work hard, tend to my family, and meet other financial obligations so splurging on a few handbags is my happy place :) Visit this post on How to Afford a Louis Vuitton Bag and since this post was so popular, I’ll have an updated one in the near future.