1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Hello lovelies!! Is it already almost June? Can’t believe the school year for the kiddos are almost over! My oldest gal will be in 2nd grader and little man will be in Pre-K next year (sniffles as they are growing so fast!) Anyway, May shopping is a little mixed with no theme whatever. I thought I could make it a month without a shoe purchase but you know that never happens :) I had a fun girls trip for a couple days to Panama City Beach and will be packing shortly for a family vacation in Punta Cana! Can’t wait!!!
Retro Blue Hat
Linen White Tie Front Shirt | Denim Fray Shorts (similar)
Coral Flip Flops (only $10 and I buy one every year!! Love them!)
It has been awhile since my first post on How to Afford a Louis Vuitton Bag and it was so popular that I decided to followup and update the post as my collection has definitely grown from my single and original 1994 Alma Bag I bought from Ebay for only $200. I have certainly been bit by the luxury goods market and absolutely adore all of my purchases over the last few years! But, these babies costs ALOT of money and are no joke people! So, if you are considering a bag vs other necessary, definitely read my first post! If you feel that you want to splurge on something you adore, value, and will last and become an heirloom piece that you can pass on to your daughter, then read on!
Vintage LV Alma PM Monogram
Fragrance | Chanel Wallet | Tiffany Pendant
It’s coming up on that special day in February and for me, I love Valentine’s Day as it is a reminder to love your family, your friends, your significant other, and yourself! We hustle every day to get work accomplished, kids are taken care of, dinner is served (or determined :) every night, household is in order, figure out time to exercise, and sometimes it is just darn exhausting and forget to really take care of ourselves and our relationship with our significant other!
When you are married or in a dedicated relationship, you sometimes take it for granted and don’t connect regularly with the hustle and bustle of life. This relationship is the root of YOUR family unit and should be the MOST important thing in life because really at the end of the day, your unity is what really matters and is the foundation of support that everyone needs and makes life grand!
Bow Flats |Pointed Flats | MB Python Heels| MB Lace Heels
My husband and I decide to plan a date night regularly (lately it’s been monthly) as we need to reconnect and love spending time together and either get together with another couple for date night or we plan a date night with just the 2 of us! We love our kids immensely, but yes I will admit that it’s nice to just to relax sometimes without jumping up constantly ! And sometimes we just giggle and want to stay at home to veg out and cook a nice “adult” meal and sit by the fire to cuddle and catch up on TV shows.
Pink Blouse (similar) |LV Speedy B 25 | Black Leggings
February is special so for a special occasion, we like to elevate our date to make it really special, exciting and FUN!
- Book a nice restaurant intown. We live in the suburbs and my hubby tends to want to go “around” the corner for convenience. But for special dates, we plan something in Buckhead or Midtown which is 30 minutes away so it truly is an event. Our fave that we recently dined for hubby’s birthday is Fogo de Chao a Brazilian steakhouse with the best salad bar on the planet!
- Dress up. We both work from home and I will admit that leggings and a sweatshirt and casualwear is the norm except we we both go to meetings a few times every week. I love getting dressed up so putting on heels and layering the jewelry, pulling out the fancy wallets, and dotting on some perfume is so much fun and gets me excited for the night! I make hubby put on his nice pants and dress shirt and let me tell you he is one fine looking man dressed up!
- Book a fun car with Turo. Have you heard of Turo? It’s like Uber for rental cars! We both have normal cars: truck and sedan so when we head “intown” and have to valet the car, it’s fun to roll up in some fancy wheels! My friends with mini vans KNOW that feeling-ha! So we head over to Turo and select an exciting car like a Porsche Panamera or Range Rover! These cars are owned by individuals like Uber and you can just rent for the day! Isn’t that cool! And they bring the car to YOU! Now that is seriously awesome!!
- Enjoy your special time. And order appetizers AND dessert! Yes!!
Remember to celebrate with your spouse, your family, and your friends BUT don’t forget to pamper yourself with a special something (uh, you know I am all about that) this Valentine’s Day!!
The idea of this post was given to me by Turo. All expressed opinions are my own.
One |Two | Three |Four
Five| Six| Seven|Eight
It’s a new year!! My budget will stay the same at $2400 for 2017 and that includes clothes, makeup, undergarments, and shoes. I have come to realize that I love handbags in a MAJOR way so I have a created a 2 luxury handbags, 2 accessory items (wallets/mini bags) max limit per year to account for my purchases. I work hard, tend to my family, and meet other financial obligations so splurging on a few handbags is my happy place :) Visit this post on How to Afford a Louis Vuitton Bag and since this post was so popular, I’ll have an updated one in the near future.
One |Two | Three |Four
Five| Six | Seven | Eight
Hello everyone!! Hope you are stuffed to the gills with turkey and burned off those extra calories shopping at the Black Friday sales! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday as we get to spend time with family and I get sooo excited about making my Mom’s asian stuffing recipe. I also made pecan pie and yes homemade is seriously better than store made! Mmmm!
Did I mention I like shoes? Haha! #shoeaddict Well, I bought all of these things during the Black Friday madness and there’s a high chance of returning a few if they don’t fit. I have been a major internet buyer these days as it takes so much time to go from one store to another to find what I need. The details aren’t obvious at the stores so I find it easier to just order online easily hopping many websites, narrowing my target items (eg midwash skinny jeans with midrise, and 29″ or less inseam-that’s not a tall order right ;) and try on at home with my wardrobe in front of me, and return as needed.
I thought I’d post for November since technically I haven’t received most of these items, but I have a major big heart eyes for a few of them!!!
One: Festive Red Chain Bag
Two: Pale Pink Stone Studs
Three: Black Lace Dress
Four: Velvet Neutral Heels
Six: Fancy Men’s Watch
Seven: Wrinkle Free Men’s Shirt
Eight:Navy Velvet Blazer
Nine:Cotton Men’s Pants
Ten: Brown Men’s Shoes
It’s that time of the year with all of the holiday festivities gearing up! Thanksgiving is coming up and then we’ll be in full swing with Black Friday sales, holiday parties, office holiday parties, kids holiday parties and finally Christmas and New Years! It’s such a whirlwind of events but love to spend time with family and friends to reflect on the year and give thanks!
I have a pretty casual office environment so I love to get dressed up whenever I get a chance! My hubby likes to get dressed up too but is more casual in his picks. And an office party is the perfect time to pull out that fancy gear and celebrate! My hubby and I don’t have a regular date night since we have hectic schedules and 2 young kids so when we do, let’s say we are all giggles!!!
One: Striped Navy and White L/S
Two: Navy Slim Fitted Blazer
Three: Gray Slip ons (these are great too!!)
Four: Navy Utility Blouse
Five:Oatmeal Tunic Sweater
Six: Black and White Striped T
Seven: White T
Eight:Black Suede Pointed Flats (similar)
Hello everyone! October has been a fun month especially since it was my birthday month :) I went to New Orleans for a conference and ate beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde and tons of cajun food. If you are in NOLA, Emeril’s restaurants (Emeril’s and Meril) were both amazing! Cooked perfectly! Also I hit up Bourbon street as an “adult” and not college student and totally different experience :) I bought lots of basics this month and it feels so good to mix and match easily!
White T, Nude Heels, Navy Blazer, Striped T, Tory Burch Robinson Bag (similar)
For tips on how I shop J.Crew, see this post!
Style with a Budget
One: Oxblood Blazer (similar, similar)
Two: Tweed Jacket, (similar)
Three: Off White LS Drapey T
Four: Suede Navy Blue Heels
Five: Legging Pants
Six: Tweed Flats
Seven:Military Style Field Jacket
Eight:Navy 3/4 Sleeve Shirt
Nine: Nude Patent Pointed Toe Wedge
I should point out that I bought A LOT of things in September!! Holy cow, yes it’s true and I thought I wasn’t getting into fall yet. Funny I literally bought everything last week! I am headed to Boston for a business program-by the time you read this I’ll have been there for 3 days and I have no professional clothes! I think I ditched that look over 11 years ago when I changed jobs so I pretty much had nothing. Sooo, I went on a major haul getting blazers, more leggings pants (my staple fall/winter gear-LOVE these), and I guess I have a thing for shoes!! Haha!
Oxblood Blazer (similar, similar) , Black Leggings, Nude Almond Flats, Louis Vuitton Favorite MM
One: Nude Strappy Heels (similar) (similar)
Two: Mock Neck Cream Sleeveless (similar)
Three: Mock Neck Navy Sleeveless (similar)
Four: Gel Eyeliner
Five: Baseball Style T (similar)
Hello everyone! It’s been a hectic month and I wanted to post other posts but didn’t get the time! I’m headed out to Vegas with my girlfriends next weekend and wanted to find some fun tops to go with my orange lace skirt. Gotta love TJ Maxx! I hadn’t been there to get clothes in forever and recently discovered my inner TJ Maxxtinista!
Are they just gorgeous?
- I am hesitate about wearing heels due to the comfort level them but love the look. I have always admired this style which has a skinny strap at the toe and makes the legs longer and leaner but cannot wear 4″ heels, and the price is pretty high. I found these heels at DSW and wore them to a presentation and yay! LOVE and comfortable because my toes don’t get smushed into the front because they are sandals. I may go back for the black!
- Wanted to get some something fun for Vegas to wear with my orange lace pencil skirt and found this pretty top!
- Ditto with a nice navy sleeveless top that could dress up any outfit!
- HANDS DOWN the best eyeliner out there! At least from what I’ve tried. If I don’t wear any makeup, this is the item I must have! Goes on smooth and lasts ALL day without streaking. You have to try it!
- My friend was having a fundraiser with LuluRoe and I bought this Randy T. Honestly I just bought it to help out the charity-my friend’s Hope from Harrison but it is so soft and comfortable I may need to buy other shirts and dresses. If I ever find the elusive white t that is not see thru, I bet I’ll find it here. Check them out here!
Previous YTD spent: $851
This month: $117 spent
Total Budget: $2400
Left for the year: $1432
Looks like I have lots of budget leftover for the year but really I bought a few-ahem (alot) of luxury items in Paris. I’ll post those in another posting!
How’d you do this month?
Linking up with Franish and the Budget Bloggers!!
One: Cutout Suede Boots
Two: Butterfly Sunglasses
Three: Blue Suede Crossbody
Four: Neutral Cardigan
Five: Black Leather Crossbody
Six: Free People Crossover Sweater
Seven: Cowlneck Shift Dress
Eight: Clarisonic Skin Cleaner
The Nordstrom Anniverary sale is open to the public on 7/22 but you can sneak a peek and if you want to buy early, sign up here! Here are my picks!
- Love this ankle boot with the cutouts and the nice neutral color. I am obsessed with suede in general and this is perfect for fall.
- Been liking Marc Jacobs designs lately and this tortoiseshell color complements my skintone. Since I have a round face, the shape compliments it well.
- Did I mention I love suede? And super happy that it’s become a popular material again. I’ve always loved Rebecca Minkoff and have this crossbody in pink and this cornflower blue is just divine!
- Cozy neutral sweater cardigan-yes please!
- I am into small crossbody purses and have purged my full sized wallet for a smaller one and minimized to carry keys, lipstick, chapstick, phone, done! This black leather one from my fave Tory Burch looks very upscale with the gold chain.
- I am always wanted to try Free People clothing but I am not quite into the boho look but this sweater caught my eye as the front crossover is a little different. Very cute!
- I am apple shaped (read middle gut) and always on the lookout for shift style dresses and this is super cute and love the boot for a romantic fall look!
- My friend has this cleaner and swears by it and I have been eyeing this cute pink one!
Did you pick up anything from this sale?