It’s a new year!! My budget will stay the same at $2400 for 2017 and that includes clothes, makeup, undergarments, and shoes. I have come to realize that I love handbags in a MAJOR way so I have a created a 2 luxury handbags, 2 accessory items (wallets/mini bags) max limit per year to account for my purchases. I work hard, tend to my family, and meet other financial obligations so splurging on a few handbags is my happy place :) Visit this post on How to Afford a Louis Vuitton Bag and since this post was so popular, I’ll have an updated one in the near future.
Back to January purchase shall we! I am in
love obsessed with shoes. I have never been that shoe girl until I realized that my old pairs sitting in my closet since my first job needed a major rehaul. I got rid of all of those shoes a couple years ago (see this post on how I got started) and fell hard for shoes as they really make a statement and my latest interests are in feminine low/mid heels!
I’ve been on a neutral kick for awhile and recently loving the new blush and pinks coming out this winter so I picked up quite a few new items!
Thoughts on what I bought:
- Blush Cardigan– $25 (sale): I tend to spend my money on handbags and shoes as those items really dress up an outfit. I spend less on clothing items and lately I’ve been obsessed with H&M for stylish items than are low in price!
- Baseball Tee-$10 (sale) : I needed to update my casual wear at home and bought this cute top.
- Blush Dropshoulder Sweatshirt-$18 (sale): I tend to think of sweatshirts as stay at home sloppy gear, but when I saw this sweatshirt styled for everyday cuteness, I thought I’d give it a try. And this is sooo cozy! I am thinking of a lavender one too!!
- Baseball Tee-$10 (sale): I don’t have any hunter green tops so added this to cart!
- Black Leggings-$7 (sale) : I bought 2 more this month and own 4 total! Nuff said! Staple item!
- Destroyed skinny Medium Wash Jeans– $80: These jeans are definitely a splurge but when I tried them on, the fit like a glove. I wasn’t sure if I was too old for destroyed jeans, but when no one sells regular jeans, you succumbed to fashion!!
- Leather Nude Pointed Flats (similar)-$25: I know! Another pair of nude flats! Well I found these full leather flats on sale and had a $20 gift card so I knew I had to have them! The ones I bought were actually from Jcrew Factory in store but not shown online. These are super similar!
- Manolo Blahnik Python Heels-$122: I am totally obsessed with these beauties! I did spend more on these heels than a normal pair of shoes but these retailed for $700+. They are preloved and looked like brand new since they were not worn at all! My secret to scoring luxury brands for less is the Real, Real!! I didn’t want to spend big bucks on designer shoes as they are expensive!! But the preloved route is totally awesome! When you sign up, you get $25 off any purchase so definitely check it out!!
Total Budget: $2400
This month: $342 spent
Left for the Year: $2058
Remember when on a budget, you’ve got the whole year to even things out. Technically I should only spend $200/month but I know that spending more 1 month= spending less the next month to keep on track. I’d rather invest in some things one month vs only buying things on sale for the sake of buying things on sale.
Linking up with Franish and the Budget Bloggers!!